With which countries has Germany signed social security agreements? For the calculation of your pension, the principle is that each Member State or contracting country pays only the pension of its own insurance period and according to its own legal provisions. If you live in a Member State or a country under contract, we recommend that you apply for a pension through the insurance agency in your country of residence. The Government has confirmed that the UK`s desa, UK nationals residing in an EEA state or Switzerland until 31 December 2020, will continue to collect their public pensions with full annual increases. As things stand, Brexit should have no influence on how you can withdraw or transfer other British pensions. However, the UK currently applies a 25% “foreign transfer tax” (actually an exit tax) on pension transfers outside the EU/EEA. This could be easily extended as soon as the UK is no longer linked to the free movement of EU capital, which would limit the transfer period without penalty. When the transitional period ends on 31 December 2020, the automatic free movement of British nationals will end and a new procedure for applying for life or work within the EU will apply. Although it is of course always possible to acquire a residence, we can assume that these processes will be much less easy than they are today, especially if the UK fails to reach new agreements with EU countries on time. Eligibility requirements vary from member state to member state and/or from contracting country. Each insurance agency individually verifies the existence of a pension entitlement under its national legislation and, if so, pays its pension.

Therefore, you may receive a pension from several countries, depending on where you have accumulated insurance periods and whether eligibility requirements are met. There is no `European pension` or `total pension` paid by one Member State and/or a contracting country on behalf of the others. Applications and applications relating to contract law and European law are processed by different insurance agencies. If you have lived or worked in one or more Member States or contracting countries, you are either added up by the fact that the insurance periods are combined only to meet the minimum insurance periods and the specific legal insurance requirements. The payment of a total pension represented by one country is not made taking into account the insurance periods of other countries. If you have made your last German contribution to a regional pension fund (formerly landesversicherungsanstalt – LVA), it is the regional pension fund that is responsible for you, which is responsible for the Member State or the contracting country: very little; The UK is still treated as an EU member state that remains bound by EU rules and pays to the EU budget, while all British MPs have resigned and the UK no longer has voting rights. However, the UK has been granted the freedom to negotiate trade agreements with other countries for 2021 and beyond. The October 2019 withdrawal agreement contains very little information on pension issues for the period following the closing date of the IP. Overall, but if, for example, if you have worked seven years in the UK and at least three years in another European country, you can still apply for a state pension in the UK – your work in another European country takes you across the border. In addition to eligibility periods for various German pensions, a number of other conditions must be met in order to be eligible; For example, mandatory pension insurance contributions must have been paid for work or an activity subject to compulsory insurance during certain periods prior to the start of the pension payment.