A contractual licence is the result of a contract under which the taker must provide a service or pay money in return for accommodation, but if the conditions for the creation of a lease are not met. The contract can be oral or written. It is very important to see exactly what was said or written in the agreement. A food supply agreement does not necessarily deprive an occupant of the exclusive property, unless the food is put in the room so that the tenant loses his or her exclusive property. It is always possible to opt out of the contract if you agree with your landlord. This is called “surrender.” To be valid, both parties must agree and it is always preferable to put in place what has been agreed in writing, so that everyone knows where they stand. If you have a common lease, all tenants and landlords must accept the rebate. In most cases, yes, but it is possible that you have another type of lease that your agreement says you have. Although most leases do it correctly, it is worth checking it out, as different types of leases give you very different rights. If you are considering leaving the country, you should talk to other tenants before you do anything. It may be possible for someone else to take your place and/or the owner to give a new agreement to those who are staying. When a fixed-term contract expires, but the lessor does not issue a new fixed term or terminates the contract, it automatically becomes a periodic contract. If you have a periodic agreement, you must indicate the notice period set in your agreement.

If the agreement does not say how much termination is required, it depends on whether you have an excluded lease or an excluded license. A simple license is where someone has obtained easy permission to live in a dwelling. For example, a friend who is invited to look after an apartment while someone is on vacation, or a young person who lives with his or her parents is probably a naked licensee. Your agreement may give you additional rights, but it cannot deprive you of the rights that the law confers on you. This depends on the type of rent you have and who your landlord is – a private landlord, a council or a housing company, for example. Check out the section of this site, which covers the type of owner you have to find out more, and ask for advice if you are unsure of your rights. HostelsHostel accommodation is often rented under a (real) license agreement because of the special rules that may apply. These rules may infringe the liberty of the occupants to such an extent that they do not have sole ownership of part of their dwelling. There is a term in your agreement, known as a break clause, that allows you to terminate the agreement before the agreement expires before the end of the fixed term. The owners give you a written agreement, but even if you don`t, you still have rights. If the owner rents from you to live in the property, then any verbal agreement you have made is considered a legal agreement. It is either a lease or a license (see below).

There is a term in your contract, known as the “break clause,” that allows the contract to expire early – if there is a break clause, the owner can distribute to you after giving you the message mentioned in this clause The owner should give the new person his own lease or license agreement – otherwise you will continue to be legally responsible for the lease.